Monday, October 16, 2006

Another blow to the Metrosexual

Full credit to Fox News for the article. My two bits...I only wear flip flops to and from a training/racing event or around the house in any regard its pretty obvious its not for hours of use. I personally think they are disgusting as everyday wear on Men AND Woman. Woman can wear sandals and open toed shoes and all that, but I see all types of women wearing shower shoes for daily use. I don't think flip-flops are a flashpoint the metrosexual movement (like they define John Kerry) as the author suggests but in fact are a contributor and side effect of the slackness in todays young adults.

Do 'Real Men' Wear Flip-Flops?

Monday, October 16, 2006


8 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

The taper must be getting to you ;)

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

CONFESSION TIME: I wear flip flops. Even to church sometimes. I just love them for the host humid weather in Singapore.

Where I draw the line is CROCS. Those are supposed to be kids shoes. Adults just look dorky wearing neon green or pink crocs. :)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Flo said...

In Hawaii everyone wears flip-flops, or as we locals call them - slippahs. I tend to agree with you Comm, they are yucky. I agree even more with Nitrox, Crocs?!?!?! Ugh?!?!?!?!?!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger jp said...

flip flops are mandatory San Diego attire in the summer. I have 3 pairs and wear them all the time.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

I think people who are overly concerned with what does or doesn't define their sexuality probably have "issues". I'm just sayin....

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger :) said...

Dude...all weekend, every weekend in the summer. I'm just saying; it's hot in Texas.

Now crocs are a whole different story. Crocs should be outlawed.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Anonymous Fat Girl said...

wait..what are crocs? are those the funny looking plastic garden shoe things?

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

I told one of my daughters friends that was wearing flip flops at school, "when I was in high school, you'd get your ass kicked for wearing something like that" :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home