Friday, September 08, 2006

Still tallying the results

Some very interesting remarks about whether calling a woman an Amazon is a compliment or a negative. I really thought the guys would Sack Up and spill the beans about 'inside guy speak.' I suppose this is my penance for being a whistle blower.

So far with 19 comments, I read the totals as:
Compliment: 5
Owe Nytro a drink: 5
Neutral: 9

What guy has not thought Lynda Carter was hot as Wonder Woman?

What guy hasn't watched an entire episode of Xena: Warrior Princess simply becuase Lucy Lawless is tall, attractive and shows a little leg when she does a round house to the mongrol hoard?

Turn about is fair play though and want to give a different viewpoint. When a woman see a man they are attracted to they tell their female friends descriptive terms that they would not neccesarily use in public settings. For example: Beefcake or hard body. How about McDreamy?

The point is guys use Amazon as a compliment.

6 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i love how you've separated the votes:

compliment or owe nytro a drink. not compliment or FLAMING INSULT.

by the way, it's 11-6. for me.

check your math.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

by the way, beefcake - totally out.

but, if you want to call me mcdreamy, i'm game.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

Nytro is going to hate me for this but I'm pretty sure that any guy who uses Amazon as a derogatory term has ego issues as in "very small ego". Amazon generally means tall and strong and tall and strong are both compliments. To Nytro Amazon is an insult - that is clear. What's not clear is why.Let's put the boob desecration aside, please because I never knew about that and I doubt many other people do, either.

So where exactly is the insult in 'Amazon'.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

We call cute guys hotties. Beefcake reminds me of Cartman in South Park.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger :) said...

beefcake??? Is that from Happy Days, or Leave it to Beaver?

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger LBTEPA said...

I've come in late but aren't compliments in the eye of the beholder as it were?
I would take Amazon as a compliment. Nytro doesn't, so just never call her that again :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home