Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rest? Why not.

Training has been going well, but I knew I was going to have a two day training break Sunday and Monday. I wasn't beating myself over it. I happens and Mistress and Mo got to reconnect with me on Sunday.

I got home around 7:30 Monday night and I took Mo to bed around 8:00 to read books. Mistress came upstairs at 9:30 and instead of finding me logged onto the net I had fallen asleep in bed with Mo and we were both having a snoring contest. She laughed for a few minutes then kicked me out and reset Mo.

I somehow found my own bed and then slept in till 6:30 a.m. I slept ten hours. When in my life is that possible? I do not sleep that long unless I am really, really exhausted. Based on my training and work habits over the weekend, that simply wasn't the case.

I will think fondly of this night in the upcoming weeks when I am getting up at 3:30 or 4:00 for training.

"Gee, remember the night you slept ten hours? That was coooool."

6 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Why not do it more often? It's during rest and recovery times that you make increases in strength and power, not during the workouts.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

My daughter won't let me read to her anymore since I fall asleep halfway through the book!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger greyhound said...

Been there and done that, except Mrs. Greyhound leaves me in the kiddy bed. That's how dynamic I am.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Glen said...

Hey Hve you paid for timex yet. It's just about sold out.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

...sleepign 10 hrs is a good. When i trained a lot, my top prioirty is rest..more sleep is better...good to be lazy..(after a hard working of course).

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

stop taunting me with your sleep luxury! You are making me jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home