Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ahead of the curve

As I have mentioned, Mistress was involved in a hit and run that totaled her van. So she is driving my newer car as I drive a borrowed 20 year old sedan. Today it started acting up and as it got worse I crossed my fingers and prayed I would make it to a garage next to one of my business locations. I barely made it.

Decision. Does Mistress come pick me up in the middle of the day, thus ruining a good work day and skipping my workout or do I work at my club and then make my way home on foot as my workout. I decided the later. Oh yeah, I live ten miles away and my workout is to run home with a 40 lb rucksack on my back.

You see, the workout today IS supposed to be a rucksack run but only five miles and only 30 lbs. Only. But the situation calls for a different plan. I can't control how far away I am and I had to stuff my ruck with extra things from my car because I won't have it back until at least tomorrow.

I can't let a car problem get in the way of my goals. I just have to overcome the obstacle, though obstacle today is twice the distance and 25% more weight on my back. Life's like that.

It's not enough to exist. I am going to live.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Hi Comms-

Thanks for the Facebook comment the other day. I've been pretty absent from the blogger world. I update mine from time to time, but not with anything particularly inspiring or thought-provoking.

I've been busy volunteering for our local multisport club. We're putting 80 or so people through a learn to run clinic, and it's been quite inspiring to see how far they've all come.

I just caught up on your blog, well since March anyways - seems, a lot has happened for you and the family in March. I hope things are ok for your wife and Mo. I read about Mae's 1st birthday. Time flies.

All the best!
Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home