Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Days like these

There are times in the day when I am struck with incredulity. How can it be that a man who has defined his professional and personal life by fitness suddenly is unable to do it? Then I consider myself very lucky to have all my body parts, for the most part all my mental faculties and despite my currently failing liver a decent level of health. The trade off to potentially not being able to train like I did for so long is that I can still be a whole father and husband.

My future is still incredibly bright and regardless of any physical defections I may have I will not slide into sloth or obesity. I am not stunted in my outlook. Like I have preached many a time, "Ever Forward. Charlie Mike." For all the trouble those mantra's have caused they have been the foundation for me to do great things. And will continue to do so.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

The level of fitness that most triathletes try to maintain is really above and beyond what is necessary. I truly believe you can be a fit person without ever running, biking, swimming or spending a minute in the gym. Triathlon for me (especially Ironman) allowed me to be careless with my diet. It's not without questiont that I may someday voluntarily do what you've been forced to. It's just going to require a step back and a view from a completely new angle and then one day you'll look back and think wow! I never knew this was possible.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Hang in there. You can still do things like yoga, right? You can walk. You'll eventually be cleared for weights and other activities.

There are a lot of other things you can do with your time, too. You can volunteer for a good cause. You can take up a craft or a hobby. There are so many ways to keep being uncommon! :-)

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

I'm with both of those comments. And thanks for the link to the dictionary,,, I needed it - that's a great word!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Bill said...

There you go, Comm's. It's just another turn in the journey. Full of purpose and experiences.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Di said...

My future is still incredibly bright -regardless....
'nuff said. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home