Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Holiday M-Dot: Valentines Day


I had some friends that backpacked Europe after high school. They stole a garden gnome from a random family in the neighborhood and took it with them, taking pictures and sending them back all through the summer. At least were I came from, Seattle, this was odd but not uncommon and the gnome was returned safely and anonymously when they came back. Travelocity now has a ad campaign around the roaming gnome phenomenon.

I thought it would be 'interesting', (at least to me) to dress up my tattoo with a holiday theme or take pictures of it in front of interesting places and post them online. Of course I promptly forgot to do that in Las Vegas earlier this month.

Here is my Valentine's Day tattoo.


My dad is a carpenter by hobby and I am going to have him work on a m-dot for traveling purposes since I can't wrap my mind around how to frame and take a picture of my calf AND get an interesting shot of a famous place like in the gnome shot above.

For those of you who enjoy today's date, celebrate. For those of us who don't, do yourself a favor and transfer the $50 you would have spent on flowers, dinners or gifts into your savings account or make a donation to a wonderful cause. Several of the Tri-Blog Alliance support and race for charities.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Born To Endure said...

how cute...and I love travelocity...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home