Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I ran today

Yes I know, I am being treated for a stress fracture.

Yes I know, I am having more pain in my ankle than from stress fracture.

Of course I noticed that it's 103* and 26% humidity. You may scoff at the humidity but considering the norm around here is 3%, thats a big increase.

I had a two hour walk planned and I did start out walking, for a mile. Then thought lets just see what happens. I ran three miles at 10:30 pace. I walked for a mile then did another 3 miles at 10:30 pace. My total pace time with the whole 9 miles was 12:30 per mile.

I have no illusions. This was not smart and I am not planning on running on a regular basis from here on out. This was just a test. A small step if you will to moving gback the shadow in my conscious mind that is doubting Florida.

Mission Accomplished. Time to rest.

5 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Take it easy with that running! And if you just have to run, try using scheduled walk breaks. It's no time to be a running purist when you're injured or recovering from an injury.

Good luck!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

The only thing harder than running is not running.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger :) said...

What does your PT say about this???

BE CAREFUL!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Andy said...

I kind of feel the same way. I had that shoulder muscle issue, except for the fact that it is not a fracture, so it healed faster. I tried it out the other day, and felt ok. I am still a bit sore, but I am taking it easy. I am still worried though, I have that race soon. Get better. We want you well for your IM race in November.

Murtha...

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Brad has a good point. I hear that aqua running is a very good way to maintain and improve real running fitness. It's supposed to be boring as all hell, but it works!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home