Wednesday, May 03, 2006

She really is that cool

How did I celebrate signing up for Ironman Arizona yesterday? I worked late. I updated my sidebar, IM'd with IronBenny. I did not stick to my workout plan. At 7 pm I called Mistress.

Mistress: "How was your swim honey?"
"I'm still at my desk."
"Your still going right?"
"How do you feel about that? I probably won't get home until 9 o' clock."
"I really don't mind if you come home late, swim if you want to. I will extract my fee later."
"How do you think Mo will feel?"
"Really honey I think he's like me, he won't care. If you miss your workout tonight fine, but if you work late and skip workouts three or four times a week, then I am going to start getting uptight."
"Your too good to me Mistress, I'll call you on the way home."
"Don't bother, I'm going to bed as soon as Mo does, I'm beat. I'm making meatloaf tonight, I will leave some out for you."

This time I didn't consult her about entering Ironman Arizona for next year. I told her after I paid for it. We have come a long way since signing up for Florida and the infamous Training Contract.

I'm off for a 5 a.m. ride over Usery Pass, about twenty miles will a hard twenty minute climb with Big John and Andy.

4 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i can understand mistresses viewpoint. when benny doesn't work out he get edgy... and that makes me edgy. an edgy nytro and ironbenny does not work.

congrats again on signing up

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Mistress rocks!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Your wife rocks :)...

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Habeela said...

Definitely a keeper! I have to remember to add "understands and puts up with triathlon training" to my list of things to look for in a man. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home