Friday, April 28, 2006

Well I wanted to prove a point with a video clip, yet after 45 minutes or surfing I can only come up with the transcripts. More on that in a minute.

Yesterday I was a bit dissapointed in my training. For a 90 minute drive in and out of Canyon LakeI got in 10 minutes of swimming.

Some was mental. I still have fresh memories of my drowning episode out there last year and every time I hit that buoy in the middle of nowhere I have to check myself. However the vast majority of my problem is this damn head cold that will not go away. I could not breath to save my life. I was having a hard time exhaling and had post nasal drip that felt like I had a blockage in my throat when I inhaled.

I had been feeling nauseous all day long and after about 500 meters I started to throw up a bit. I swam over to shore and vomited twice. Thats not a good way to go throw a swim. So I pulled myself out of water.

By the way I wanted to link to the Martin Short and Harry Shearer Men's Synchronized Swimming clip from the 80's because I was reminded of the comment, "Cause I'm not..I'm not that strong a swimmer." Instead you get a transcript and couple of pictures. Still timeless.

The head cold continues.

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

CMS,

I really like Mighty Mo's pics. Glad he is ok now :). Thank God for that.

U are strong. With a head cold and still swim 500 m. Take care of that head. i am sure once u are well, u can swim much further than that.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Habeela said...

Throwing up while swimming. That sounds like a nightmare. Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Sorry to hear about your swim. One of these days, you'll conquer that lake and have no ill thoughts of it when you go for a swim there. Swimming is the one sport of the three that really takes time to get proficient at. It'll come around.

Hope you feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home