Saturday, August 27, 2005

Done and Done

Well I am *cough cough* owner of a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. Total time in the dealership including test drives by Mistress- 2.25 hours. When the boss of the company is the one selling to a VIP customer, it goes by fast. He put us at the head of the line in the finance department saving us a minimum of two hours.

Did I get a great deal? I guess. Got full value plus $700 on the Saturn and $5,000 off the Dodge, not including a $500 sentry alarm set up. Mistress is quite pleased which is all that matters to me. Mistress is amazed that Mistress turned so fast on her beloved Saturn Company. We have owned a Saturn for ten years.

I am paying more a month but its a shorter term and more expensive extended warranty.

I am tired and sunburned. It reached 119 degrees on our temperature gauge. I did not get enough fluids in me and sweated like a stuck pig.

I am doing a 50 miler with a new bike group in the morning and need to be out of the houes by 0545 to get there on time. Should be fun but right now all I can think about is bed.

Done and Done.

5 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Have an awesome ride!! When you hit that prozac patch (and you will, it's inevitable, likely around mile 40) just remember that you're almost done, and that it'll pass. Bring some tootsie rolls or something with you, they worked wonders for me at Steelhead. Riding with a group will really help, too. You might luck out and be so distracted with conversation that you miss it entirely!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Ha ha, welcome to the club. Mini-van owner and the "butt-of-friends" jokes for 6 years now!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger E-Dub said...

Mini-Van? Fortunately, my wife and I agree that this is a "No-Mini-Van" family. ;-D
...but, good for you, Comm.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Heh. You know you're getting older when a mini-van sounds like a good idea. No offense, Com. I've been thinking that they make pretty darn good sense, myself... and I'm single with no kids!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Comm's said...

Eric-my wife and I have been anti-minivanians for ten years. It only took my mom 20 minutes to drink the Kool Aid. And my mom doesn't even own one.

Chris- just get a big engine for the vehicle and a hard exterior for your ego.

Wil-toostie rolls are a good idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home