Thursday, October 16, 2008

Check Ups

I got a message from my recovery doctor this week, "How are you feeling in regards to....and energy?"

My response about the energy is that I have more internal energy than is being externally expended. I followed that up explaining that I haven't worked out much in the last week.

His response was, "That's what we want."

It is? I think to myself, "Ah, Crap." See with the weather the way it is, its great for running and cycling right now. I see myself out there on the road. But my doctors are adamant that I spend this winter as a true exercise winter, like those that live in the Midwest and NE. A massive cut back in exertion. I have had a massive cut back in exertion since IMAZ. I figure I am on my 25 or 26 week of recovery. I cut back any more and I may want to petition USAT for a super-clyde division here in the southwest.

I had a partner who suffered a stroke last year. Out of the blue. Six months later he was training harder than ever in the weight room. Megan gave a kidney to her brother after IMAZ and she is racing again. Everyone has obstacles they have overcome and I am still in the Recovery Phase, far removed from the Considering Races Phase, or Base Building Phase.

I am constantly reminded that I was hours from death, from my own ironwill. (Of course Mistress includes she is so glad I am here) I am constantly shown in tests that a single mental lapse in the application of exertion right now has a higher percentage of fatality than a cat stuck in a dog pound overnight.

I am biding my time. It will come. Like all phases, I will move to another and another each getting me closer to a starting line.

Have Fun.


5 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

There are lots of us who are glad you're here, Comm's!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

You are doing a great job of adhering to your (non) training plan. I know it is hard but if that's what it takes to keep you here then it is good.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Hey all that resting is only going to make you faster!

watch out bloggers.. that was Comm that just passed you.

rockon`

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'd rather have you here than dead, so keep not training. :-) We all love ya and want you healthy, but it would be driving me crazy too, so know that I am praying for you and am here for you if you need me.

Oh and thank you for the nice Facebook birthday message. It meant a lot to me.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Duane said...

I know it sucks to rest, but you will be back! (and around!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home