Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A new day...

Wow. I have to tell you by yesterday afternoon I was seeing stars in my eyes and little black swirly things. I woke up okay, as if my flu was gone from my body but I had a headache that was flooring me. Not the same type of headaches I get from my concussion or from sinus pressure, just a stabbing, throbbing, almost puke at a moments notice pain in my head.

I ended up going to see Jeff, my training partner and chiropractor, and after an hour of acupuncture and therapy I was a completely new man. I am a new man.

All my energy was back and strangely enough any mental misgivings I had about missed training went away too. Now I am staring at 53 days to Ironman and while not at square one, I have a lot of ground to cover in a short amount of time.

Shorter term I have my first triathlon camp of the year on Friday, with 11 kids this time and a few adults too. Mo's surgery is next Friday, the same day I start Ragnar's 190 mile relay next week. I am not sure if I have mentioned that before so I will make sure to post on that soon as a distraction to the EvoTri voting going on.

Please remind one more person today to send an email to vote@evotri.com and put Commodore in the Subject. Today is the last day for Round 1.

Thanks.


Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Glad you are feeling better.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger J~Mom said...

Do you run the camp? Is it for kids? Sounds neat!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

I sent a request to about 15 people and I know for sure one of them came through.

Glad you're feeling better.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

IM AZ is going to TOTALLY rock!!!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great that you're feeling better. I wish something quick could be done to make bruised ribs go away (took a bad bike spill last weekend). Anyway, good luck on the vote and in your IM training!!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Have voted. Will pray that Mo's surgery goes betta than well.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger TJ said...

53 days and you'll be iron ready.
good luck in the voting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home