Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Peak-A-Boo

For the last few days I have been peaking. Not sure why since my training has been stable in effort and hours over the long holidays. Monday's swim was at a speed and ability that far surpasses my normal efforts. It felt almost normal to swim at speeds 10% faster than my established T-pace (I'll let IronPol explain). My Sunday ride on the IMAZ course is by far the fastest I have ever ridden that loop with a speed three miles per hour faster than my average on that course for that distance.

I haven't really felt a peak in a long time. I live in the realm of exhaustion more than rested. Even my races in 2007, especially Ironman with the viral infection, I was nowhere near peak physical conditioning physically or mentally.

I am hoping it bodes well for PF Chang's this weekend. I am returning to the half mary distance looking for a sub two hour time. I have done it or very close to it in training for the last couple of months, every couple of weeks. It's just a matter of putting it all together, mixing in some good weather and on the course magic. This is the first real 'race' of the season for me though I already have bibs & medals for a marathon and a 109 mile cycling race in the last two months.

For those inquiring, the forecast is 44*/65* on race day and sunny. It will be like that all week through the race.

4 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

They're predicting similar weather here for the Houston Marathon.

Sub-two should be no problem for your half, since you'll be racing in the same climate and terrain you train in.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Go Comm's!!!!!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger momo said...

hey, comm! i'll be doing the 1/2 too. hopefully we can catch up!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Saw your result, well done buddy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home