Monday, January 07, 2008

Rarity

I stayed up late reading a book. I chastised myself and closed it at midnight knowing that morning would come too soon for me to get good sleep.

I woke up about thirty minutes before usual on a Monday. It was natural and I felt completely rested. In fact I felt nothing. No shoulder pain. No hip or back pain. No cramped or tired legs. No bruised foot. A morning where it felt great to be in bed and no shifting for comfort.

It was beautiful. For thirty minutes I visualized myself in a zen like state, living in the now. A fine tuned triathlete full of energy and without the itinerate pains associated with the hard work to get it.

A rare and wonderful morning.

3 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

On occasion, staying up to read is a very good thing.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Flabbyironman said...

Yeah, just like having a good meal every once in a while shouldn't make you feel guilty, staying up reading should be an ok thing too.

Staying up late on the internet? not so much...

heh

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Taconite Boy said...

and then you woke up??
:)

Take care of my Girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home