Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Top 100 hits

It all comes down to the next 100 days of perfect execution. That is all I have left to put deposits in my Bank of Ironman. After that is a couple key workouts and then one big withdrawal for Arizona.

Two winters ago I wrote about The Fever. Last winter I wrote about my success at Florida. This year I write about Belief. I believe I can do my best at this race if I do not take for granted the opportunities I have been given in this life and the preparation I have given myself. If I don't distract myself or delude myself I know that I am capable of more than I have seen.

There are many obstacles in my way. I have no illusions of my limiters and liabilities. But I also know the untapped potential in me. All it takes is one day at a time of quality effort and focus totaling 100 days in all.

As I have written before, Arizona is a funny place. While the rest of the country is enjoying their winters and off-seasons, I will be running 15-20 miles at a pop and riding outdoor century's every other weekend it will seem. I have never been more prepared for as much load as I will be handling. I believe in myself and I believe in my mentors and I believe, I believe, I BELIEVE, that this race will be much different that the others.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Tri-Angle said...

So is it 110? or 129 like your countdown clock shows? Also, and I keeo failing to mention this....
Your year is wrong

I believe in you too Comm.
and in me come November.....

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Brent Buckner said...

OK, here's to 100 days of tremendous execution and 29 further days of staying healthy!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

There are many that believe in you too... and that includes me.

Knock 'em dead, Comm.

Stay tuned...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home