Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Adding Injury to Injury

I wrote a pretty personal post last night about dealing with head injury's. Then this morning while my bike was leaned up against a wall, I leaned over it and hit my forehead really hard against the edge of a wrought iron candle display hanging higher up the wall.

It knocked me on my ass but I didn't pass out. Mistress was there to help me. I made it to work OK but still feel a little woozy and nauseous, my eyes are a bit unfocused (I've had to increase the font size and screen % so far today). After a quick ten minute meeting, I had to go outside and throw up a couple times.

I don't think I have another concussion. I think I just rung my bell really hard....wait one...

...I just got up to go to the locker room to see if I have a mark on my forehead and realized I can't walk straight without focusing on the lines in the tile. Left to my own gait, I veer right. I did a couple of laps up and down in my hallway and every time no matter where I started walking, I veered right.

I think this is going to be very short day. And I have another call to Mistress to make.

Update 10:18: Mistress called the neurologist to confer my symptoms. She is now coming to take me to the ER.

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Ouch. Sure does *read* as though you're concussed. Good to get on that.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Born To Endure said...

Good grief...let us know how you are..i'm worried!!!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Jeez, Comm, STOP HURTING YOURSELF! Hope all is well as I type this....

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Bolder said...

thinking of my brothah.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

dude... i expect a call when you get home. nay... I DEMAND IT.

we're worried.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Oh Comm. Sending thoughts of healing your way.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Bigun said...

oh crap...hang in there big guy! We are thinking of ya!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Easy on that head of yours! Hope it all checks out well.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Wow, I hope everything's okay! I say sue the candle-holder!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Spandex King said...

Hope your okay. Take care.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

OH NO! Make sure we get an update ASAP.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger :) said...

Praying for ya man. Let us know as soon as you can...

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Tom said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger LBTEPA said...

Oh no. We are praying that all is well Comms and Mistress.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Spokane Al said...

My thoughts are with you buddy.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

dude - don't you hate it when you are your own worst enemy? there's nobody to yell at, nobody to swear at...

ouch - take care of yourself and keep us posted (the royal us)

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Old and Slow said...

that hole in the wall? Oh, that's just where the candle holder went after I hit my head on it.

Take care of yourself

 

Post a Comment

<< Home