Saturday, June 24, 2006

Lower Body Blues

Lately it seems I can't seem to get a break on my legs. The stomach flu last month reactivated my hamstring tear. Last Sunday I didn't stretch properly after a cold swim and gave myself shin splint like symptoms that are just now, maybe, subsiding. Thursday, I fell getting my wetsuit off, because my calf had cramped, and bruised my tailbone. Friday Mighty Mo decided to slam my car door shut as I was leaning in to adjust the a/c; the only part of my body outside the door...yup you guessed it, my shin. Very nice bruising there now too.

My amazing training parther, The Machine, IRL is a chiropractor and I laid myself prostrate before him on his table Friday so that he could work through my issues and hopefully give me some running relief for my workout Saturday morning.

This morning while all my other training partners are just getting up, I am heading out to the lake to start swimming at least a half hour early. I want to get in an extra lap before they show up and then do two more. That gives me a 1.8 mile swim or 3/4ths an Ironman before going on a hilly 5.5 mile run, that is hopefully if the shins don't cramp up during it.

The big project after that is to repair my Ironman Stealth suit. I have a long shallow rip in the bicep area of both arms, not all the way through, and thanks to my bone headed transition and fall Thursday a devastating rip in my calf area. I researched online for a wetsuit repair kit and will be calling local dive shops to see if they carry it. I will be sure to post how this product works. In the meantime I will be using duct tape over the tear.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home