Thursday, April 13, 2006

We Got A Thing

I have a good internet friend, lets call him Bolder. Well he and I are very much alike. He is Canadian, and I like Canadian bacon on my pizza (with pineapple). He is about 140 pounds with abs like a action figure and I'm two bills. He works as a thinker for a Fortune Top 10 company and I own a fitness company (i.e. were not talking rocket science here). He lives at altitude in the mountiains and I live in the desert. See lots in common.

Actually all kidding aside he and I do have one common goal and that is Ironman Florida. Now I know that my friend, lets call him Bolder again, loves the bike. Its all about his bike. So I decided that in the spirit of competition I am going to challenge him on the bike split at Florida.

Competition is good. I know that he is going to train 30% harder on the bike over the next 200 days before Florida. I know I will train 25% harder. I don't have as much to improve ;)

We have agreed on one thing though. I will wait for him at the finish line so we can go back to the room and have a beer together congratulating our much hearlded and of course lauded success.

I don't really think any two people will be crowing louder on Sunday. By crowing I really mean hobbling in lactic torture to the tattoo parlor-cum-maragrita place.

Do they charge extra for crutches on an airplane?






8 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

As I said over in Boulder, I don't know who to cheer for now! Comm or Bold? Maybe I'll cheer for Bold on his blog, and then turn my coat and cheer for Comm on his. :-)

The only thing I know for sure is that I want both of you to be safely over that finish line by the time *I* cross it, and you better leave a medal and some pizza for me when I get there!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Habeela said...

ahhh...there's nothing more entertaining for the viewing masses than a good testosterone competition! :)

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Papa Tweet said...

Pretty sure you'll puke if you try to drink a beer after the race. But, maybe that was just me. Best of luck with the margarita too. Nothing like a day full of sweet gels, drinks, fruit and cola to make you want to end the day with a margarita. Oh, did I mention the swim, bike and run?

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Bolder said...

well said Commodore. well said.

actually, that was laugh-out loud funny for me reading it, so thanks for that...

Comm can do funny as well as inspirational -- who knew?

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

oh the crutches is funny :)...

You are a bold man, Commodore...Bolder is born to ride...if i was to challenge him..i would rather challenge the run afterwards.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Fe-lady said...

You guys better be careful.If you make this a bike competition, what will happen to your marathon?
(Read my last post on my friend, Les who just finished IM AZ- and he's a veteran triathlete! Just a warning!)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Bad karma man... I'm telling you guys. It's bad karma!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger ShesAlwaysWrite said...

This totally cracked me up.
And just be sure to drink aaaafter the tat... many places won't do one while you're drunk, I think you bleed more or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home