Monday, March 13, 2006

Blue Seventy

Ironman wetsuits have changed their name to Blue Seventy to come in line with the new WTC mandate to call half ironmans, 70.3. I can really give a rip about the name change, I don't think its really necessary but hey I'm not a marketing guru.

In any regards, I was surfing Trisports.com and they now have the new suits for sale. Holy crap their flagship model, Helix, is expensive. 500 clams. I have an Ironman Stealth suit and only paid $329. I really think its the exact same suit. I can't tell if they are planning on selling off of two brands, Blue Seventy and Ironman until the Ironman stock is gone and then which over 100% to Blue Seventy or carry on with both labels.

My training partner, Hardcore, just picked up a new Pro-Motion wetsuit for only $239 and he liked it better than the older model Ironman that the airlines lost along with all his luggage last month. He says he feels more buoyant in it. I liked that it had some eye catching colors and the ankles have a three inch zipper to ease getting in and out.


A last shout out to my good tri buddy Nytro. I bet she didn't know that there is a triathlon website at the address, www.nytro.com? Hey you holding out on me and Iron(hubby)Benny?

5 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Hey Comm... catching up after a long hiatus!

I'm guessing the name change is borne out of financial considerations. The Ironman brand has grown considerably in the last 5 years, and licensing of it is probably far too expensive. ...I'm betting Timex will be following shortly... maybe introduce the Timex "Iron Distance" line of watches.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Comm's said...

Oh thats good Phil, I had not considered that. Your on to something.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger jp said...

Last years Ironman wetsuits are a bargain right now as all the retailers clear out the inventory. I just picked up a Ironman Instinct fullsuit for 190 bucks.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger tri-mama said...

Hey look, another place to spend money :) I like my Ironman suit-although it's the only one I've ever tried.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Fe-lady said...

yeah, I bought an IM wetsuit last year and it's been good. Maybe not really warm enough in COLD H20, but I have survived an Alcatraz swim in it, so I guess I should hang onto it for at least another year. I always feel as if there is something "better" out there...but ALWAYS more expensive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home