Monday, December 12, 2005

VINDICATION

I am going to toot my own horn here.

Way back when I was just a wee blogger with big dreams and high hopes, I wrote a commentary, Red is for Elites, on how runners unknowingly or knowingly arrange themselves based on their running ability by the colors they wear. There is also some great commentary, if I do say so myself, on how cyclists dress.

Well vindication, my much bigger blogging audience, has come my way. While reading the January 2006 issue of Runner's World, on page 44 a statement reads;
Race in Red: Two British anthropologists claim that athletes dressed in red are more likely to win events than athletes wearing other colors.
A small blurb follows fleshing out their small study.

I will be humble enough to admit that when you read the old blog post the only two comments represent 2/3 of my reading audience at the time, Rett aka White Salamander and ta-da Iron Wil when she was still running a black background, low key website before she became the Blogging Diva she is today with book deals, clothing merchandise, 1/2 ironmaiden finishing medals and her official real triathlon bike. The only other reader I had was Kahuna (did I really need to link that?) who seldom leaves comments, as is his Kahuna privillage.

I am glad that things have exploded like they have because when I toot my own horn, more people can hear it.

6 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

The Law of Redness.

The redder your gears are, the faster you will go.

This explain my slowness....Blue (opposite of Red) is my primary color....

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Oldman said...

kewl...but remember "he who toots his own horn runs his batteries down."

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Born To Endure said...

LOVE YOUR NEW SITE...oopss sorry, don't mean to yell, but I LOVE YOUR NEW SITE..tee hee!!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Bolder said...

remember that post of the RED sexy bike...

p.s. you are a nasty word verifier... because of you, i will be running really bad Mariah Carey videos non-stop...

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Fe-lady said...

Ok then...I will "See Red" this next season! Thanks! (I saw the articla also...but would rather hear it on a blog!) :-0

And I'm with bolder...get rid of the word verification thing. If I figured it out, you with the fancy personalized backgrounds can! :-)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger William said...

Yeah, I heard about that study in May from our national science show Quirks & Quarks.
The Power of Red.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home