Tuesday, September 06, 2005

8 mile run

I do this big post on supplementing with an aside on calories and low and behold I went for a run, underfed, overstressed and now sustained Bonk.

You know those runs that when you get done you just know your head won't be right till morning? A low grade headache, fuzzy mental functions, don't take your eyes off the road no matter how distracted. Yup, here I am.

I went to McD's and picked up dinner so Mighty Mo and Mistress could eat together. Mighty Mo got nuggets, Mistress a fruit salad and a sundae, depending on her fancy. They ate dinner on the hospital bed together while I tried a power nap in the recliner-it didn't work. Luckily by the time we got home Mighty Mo was out on his feet, so I only had to fuss with the dog who had been alone all day. Sucks to be him.

So now it's two aspirin and off to bed.

5 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger :) said...

You will definitely feel better today...I guarantee it!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Mistress is still in the hospital? SORRY! Hope they get her fixed up and fully diagnosed and back home soon!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Here's hoping the Mistress gets better soon. Sorry to read about her misfortunes.

You did manage to conjure up a smile. My kids would have thought it way cool to eat McD's on a bed - even in those circumstances.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Wow, talk about stress...you need a good long rest, yourself! Way to be super dad/husband, though...hang in there, it has to get better soon.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Funny... when my wife was in the hospital me and CB hit McD's like three times. And did you ever notice there's always a McDonald's around hospitals... hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home