Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Systems Go

Productive phone call Tuesday with the Seattle doctors. I have been given a Green Light for all things fun, or in this case exercise. And I have an action plan for the next few months from them. To begin with I can swim and use weights. I can bike and I can run. I have to self-monitor (uh-oh) and gradually build back up. Nothing long yet. I can go to altitude.

I am being sent a couple of test kits. I need to see some other doctors down here for specific exams. They want me to eventually come up and while there do a lactate threshold and resting metabolic test with a power to weight ratio thrown in. I said I can do that here no problem.

We talked about training volume and nutrition and different scenarios I can look into down here to help me out.

I asked if there was any conditions I need to place on my training and he was pretty straightforward, nothing to hard. He has a client on the Slipstream cycling team that has a similar condition to me and is now doing very well but it was a process.

I am ready for my next big adventure...I just gotta find my running shoes.

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Spokane Al said...

You mentioned that you "can go to altitude." I suspect that you can also go very well with attitude.

Listen to the body and the medical people. I want to keep reading your stuff for a long, long, long time.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Jenny Davidson said...

Good news--but yes, please be more cautious than your temperament inclines you to be! For instance, might be a good time to work on swim technique?!?

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger LBTEPA said...

Oh no! They are letting you self monitor???
(just teasing)
that's excellent news, how happy you must be :)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger J~Mom said...

Excellent news!!!

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo!! That's wonderful new Comms. Enjoy - I know you will :-)

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's great Comm's! Err on the side of caution though, as "not too hard" definitely means different things to different people!

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Happy for you. Just be careful, ya hear? :-)

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

woo hoo! Except yeah - rein it in buddy. I know I get frustrated with working on technique because it is slow. But perhaps maybe, now is the time to do that - make it all about the technique. Work on glide, work on pedal stroke, work on slow. In the process, I would bet you get a better connection with your body in general.

we can build it, better, faster, stronger, etc.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Great news! Not even Rhabdo can keep a good man down!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

Congratulations on getting your 'Get Out of Jail' card!

You do have a way of bouncing back, don't you!

I have every confidence that you will rein it in and be careful.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Sanity returns to the Mann household...

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Wonderful news, Comm!!!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Yay!

But be careful when Mo yells mush! ;)

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger M said...

WOO HOOO!!! That's is fantastic news! I am so happy for you!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger momo said...

awesome, comm. i know this time you're going to take the conservative approach to starting over, right?? ;-)

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

OMG Comm, this is the best news EVER!!

I am SO happy for you :-) We'll have to have a post IMCDA ride or something :-)

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Tri-Angle said...

Is it Romans or Hebrew Comm?


Slow and steady wins the race.....

Good news my brother

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

awesome! so excited for you!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear the news!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home