Monday, October 30, 2006

Running Fast

I leave for Florida on Tuesday. Remember the race is Saturday, November 4th, not Sunday like most Ironman races. I will of course be posting via Blogger Mobile through my cell phone like I occasionally do. Those that have my phone number will be speaking with Mistress on race day since my phone has a longer battery.

I can access my blogger comment email through my cell phone so if you leave me words of encouragement or questions about how to get ahold of me by cell phone, I can respond if your email is attached to your comment on my end, (meaning not listed as 'nonreply-comment@blogger"

Beginning Thursday link over to Ironman Live and on the right side top is a 'ironman live' tab. This will take you to a selection page, type in MANN or bib number 758 to follow my progress. Search around a bit to see if there is a link for text messaging available updates instead of having to man the pc all day. If my directions did not work, then figure it out I have too many other things going on.

Woke up at 0330 to go to the Soma Triathlon Sunday morning. Had a great time, not nearly as restive as I wanted it to be. Without giving away too much information, I saw Nytro and Benny all over the place. Met a very disabled and frustrated TriGreyhound and is very nice wife. Just good people there. Wish there was more I could have done to help. Got heaps of praise and well wishes from my friends in the local tri community.

On Saturday I put my deposit down and turned in my design work for my tattoo. Yes I am getting it here not there. Will go into that in a later post, after I have earned it.

Very busy Monday at work and trying to get the last odds and ends done before leaving at 0445 for the airport Tuesday.

I have maybe 95% of my race gear ready and 75% of my travel gear ready. None of its packed. I figure if I get there without living clothes I'll buy what I need. Go native so to speak. I am spoiling myself financially. As if there was any doubt.

10 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Spokane Al said...

It sounds like you have the planning down to a science.

Good luck to you. I, like many others, will be following your adventure via the internet site.

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Too exciting! Go get 'em!

Thanks to Ironman Live, I can actually follow your progress all the way from Singapore. :)

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Habeela said...

Go Comm's! I think between all the bloggers racing this weekend I'm going to be glued to my computer on Saturday. :) Can't wait to see the results!

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Comms -- almost there!!!! I'm sure we'll all look forward to your mobile updates! Best wishes for a safe journey and a fabulous day Saturday!!!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Enjoy a few relaxing days in Florida before your big day. You are ready.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Best wishes for safe travels and a great day on November 4th.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger :) said...

can't.



wait.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Same here. See you in PCB shopping for clothes!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger "Smash" said...

Alright man! Go get'em and I will see you out there.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Rainbow said...

safe travels my friend! Hubby and I will be tuned to our computer for updates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home