Thursday, March 02, 2006

Spring Fashion statements

In a further schism from my running background; from now on all running shorts will called 'diapers' on this blog. Tri shorts are so much more slimming.

It is a given that triathlon clothing is tight. From heretoforth it shall be called "Second Skin" on this blog.

Metrosexuals are not all triathletes though many triathletes are metrosexual. I think a man should only shave his his face, his back and his golf score on a regular basis. No man should ever shave his legs bare unless he lost a bet or Ironman is week away.

Thank God that the fashion houses have brought back thick, funky belts for spring. I no longer have to see size 12 girls wearing size 8 low rider jeans, so that their fat guts hang over their jeans and look like the tops of muffins which gave way to me labeling them "Muffin Guts' and being forever banned from the Express store near my house.

I want to end this post with a great link to a video from Pink. Its about 3 minutes long. Its a great message about female role models in society. I wish more people would preach this kind of upbringing for young women instead of trying to tell us things like Demi Moore looking fabulous for her age and not mentioning she had $325,000 of plastic surgery for Charlies Angels 2.

10 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger jp said...

great video.

disagree with you on the shaved legs thing. One bad bike wreck on shaved legs and you'll be sold. Huge difference in skin damage.

Of course, I like the way it looks...maybe I am a metrosexual. My wife digs it too.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for posting my picture on your blog today! I'm famous!!!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger :) said...

...muffin guts...

That is priceless. Can't see the pic.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger William said...

Muffin gut is good. That's it exactly!

I'm not in with the shaving unless you're getting many massages. That's why the pro's do it. And one can always shave the area after injury and have the same benefit.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger TriZilla said...

LOL, I love the muffin guts thing... Too true.

And I *just* downloaded this song last week, and listened to it this morning on my run! Very cool.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger tri-mama said...

I just heard muffin tops last weekend-like when the muffin spills out of the top of the muffin cup-If you read the WSJ opinion page, Peggy Noonan has a great article on the difficulty of being a lady in today's society-preach on there Comm.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Raising hand for shaved legs. 1. because a shaved leg is easier to massage. 2. it's just hot on an endurance athlete.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Oldman said...

great video.... made me LOL.... mufins guts where did you get that one? it fits.

OK get out there and do NO LIMITS!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger The Big Cheese said...

"Muffin Guts" is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. Gold.

I have a entire rant about just such girls...I will save it and let everyone enjoy this funny post.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Bolder said...

i will adopt diapers and second skin... it just makes sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home