Sunday, November 06, 2005

I'm in...

2006 Ford Ironman Florida
Category Entry Fee
Registration ID 12137721
Registrant First Name Commodore

I was on and done in 6 minutes. Haazah! It took longer to print out the waiver and info than sign up.

The 8 miler yesterday went well. My average was about 9:20 per mile. This morning my QL, Quadratus Lumborum, a muscle from the ribs to the glute two inches off the spine, is really tight. This is a constant rehab issue for me so I am forgoing the bike ride today to rest and stretch for tomorrows 17 mile run.

I think since this is such a big jump from last weeks 12 miles (a recovery week) that I will try to keep my pace in 10:30 range, and keep my HR down in the 145 area. Its going to kill me to run that slow on purpose but its better to get in good miles than blow up out there.
___________________________________________________
Update 8:26 am
I entered two other races for next year as well. I figured I might as well do them all at once.

Chang's will be fun, if for nothing else than to see VM and Tri-mama. This is just a training event for me. The culmination of my run build platform that I will maintain through 2006.

Event P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona, 1/15/06
Category Marathon Entry
Registration ID 12138936
Registrant First Name Commodore


The Mountain to Fountain is the final race before Florida. It a full month out so plenty of time to recover. Again the priority is finish Florida, so this is just a final tune up for nutrition and setting up tranistions and enjoying myself. The beauty of this race is that its on my long weekend bike route and trail running area, so I am pretty familiar with the area.

Event Mountain Fountain Triathlon, 10/1/06
Category Half Ironman Distance: USAT Member
Registration ID 12139119
Registrant First Name Commodore

9 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Born To Endure said...

I beat you..took me 3 minutes..i was racing ya...LOL yipeeeee we're going to have a blast this coming year.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Flabbyironman said...

Good on ya. Godspeed.

I'm not in this year, but maybe next year, it just wasn't in the financial cards... :-). I guess it's growing up, but I'd rather be racing.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Holy cow - is your first name really Commodore? ;)

Congrats on the races!!!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Congrats on the IM Florida entry. You've got an ambitious plan. If anyone can pull it off, it would be the commodore...

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger JC Hyte said...

Congrats on getting a slot for IM Gator. It looks like they sold out in a mere 3 hours. It must be a sign, you were meant to go.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Oldman said...

congrats on IMF...I tried after my bike and it was sold out...i should have skipped the bike and registered but I didn't think it would go that fast.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Brett said...

Congratulations! I want to hear all about your training ...

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on the entry. Reading everyones posts that they're all heading down next year, I'm feeling a little disappointed that I didn't sign up. But you are all going to have a great time and a great Iron journey.

And who knows... I still might find a way to get into the race. We'll see! :) Congrats!!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

I think you should change your name to Uncommon Man Syndrome. No common man will want to race this much :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home