Friday, April 22, 2005


Finally Lucille is ready for our next chapter together. Lucille is a 1998 Softride Roadwing that was a twin to my wife’s. We got them to take her triathlons to the next level as she had used a very old hand-me-down Trek.

I was training for Triathlons then too, only work got in the way, then we moved to Arizona and everything got in the way. I learned how to ride a bike on Lucille. (A long story for another day).

In a moment of weakness I sold it to a friend doing tri's in 2002. To read about how Lucille came back into my life read this.

It was providence that she is back in my life and with perfect timing. I will be finalizing my racing schedule this weekend, I have to get all my print outs and paper scraps together to hammer it out.
 Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

VERY nice bike!!!!! And how cool that she has a twin - what's the other's name?

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger soccerdad said...

sweet ride. i've always wanted to try a beam frame. i would think that it has to be so much more comfortable than my aluminum specialized.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Comm's said...

Unfortunately, Lucille's twin was sold out of state. Mistress has abandoned the sport to care for our child, the Mighty Mo, who needs special attention.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger :) said...

Hot, hot, hot...wow. You, if nothing else, will look fast on that bike! The model I was looking at was a little different, maybe older? It was a "solo" model. I think the guy is still selling it. Maybe I am still considering it???

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger White Salamander said...

fabulous ride! I can't wait to see you in action.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

She's a beauty!! Glad to see you reunited again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home